Prime Minister’s Fee Reimbursement Scheme for less developed areas.
In line with the government’s vision and mission to promote education and facilitate students to the fullest, the Higher Education Commission (HEC) announces Prime Minister’s Fee Reimbursement Scheme (PMFRS) for less developed areas. The programme is extended to the students currently studying or intending to purse higher education in their respective province/area of domicile.
Following study related heads are covered under PMFRS;
Admission Fee (for new admissions only)
Library Charges (Non-Refundable)
Rs. 7.5 billion have been reimbursed to 149,695 students of 114 less developed districts.
- Domicile holders of less developed areas mentioned in the advertisment
- HEC recognized public sector universities and postgraduate colleges located in the territories of Less developed areas and for FATA institutions located in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- PdD. Students who are enrolled in HEC recognized public sector universities or degree awarding institutes in Pakistan
- prime minister fee reimbursement scheme 2017-18,
How to Register
- students must apply through online system i.e. pmfrs.hec.gov.pk . The deadline for submission of application is April 20th, 2018.
- Manuals and video tutorials are available on pmfrs.hec.gov.pk for new registration.
- Application forms must be filled carefully and information provided through online registration will be considered final. Any request for changes will not be entertained.
- Once the student is registered, the universities/post graduate colleges should approve the students on the basis of eligibility criteria of Scheme.
- Funds will be paid for those students who will be approved by their respective institute/universities. Therefore, students should ensure that their online applications are approved by their institute/universities.