With the issue of Cambridge Analytica; an issue of Facebook regarding stealing of personal data is in news now days. So, with this; How to Delete Third Party Facebook Apps to Save your Privacy is one of the main search these days. This article is an overview about methods to get rid of unwanted Facebook apps.
How to Delete Unwanted Facebook Apps
Third-party apps sometimes raise privacy concerns as they not only have access to your public information but to your friends list and other information you choose to share. That’s why it’s a good idea to occasionally review the list of apps that you’ve connected to Facebook. Following the revelation that research company Cambridge Analytica harvested data from more than 50 million Facebook users to use in the run-up to the 2016 US presidential election, it’s a good time to think about which third-party organizations you’ve given access to your Facebook data, and revoke any you’re not entirely comfortable with.
Cambridge Analytica obtained data through an innocuous looking personality profile tool called thisisyourdigitallife – the kind of app you might grant permission to your profile without thinking twice. Here’s how to find out who’s looking at your profile and stop any apps that have more access than they should. Quizzes and personality tests shared on Facebook also request access to your data, and it’s all too easy to simply click ‘Accept’ without considering why a horoscope app wants to know where you went to school or make posts to your friends on your behalf. You might also have granted access to apps that have since changed hands, meaning they are now passing your data along to Logging into an app with Facebook can share a vast amount of information that’s invaluable to advertisers and organisations like Cambridge Analytica, including: Full name, Friends list, Profile picture, Photos, Education, Work history.
Methods to Delete Unwanted Facebook Apps
- Log into your Facebook account. Click the down arrow on the top toolbar and click the option for Settings.
- In the Settings screen, click the setting for Apps. Facebook displays a list of all the apps to which it’s connected.
- Hover over an app that you wish to modify or remove.
- Click the Edit Settings icon. Review the settings for the app and make any changes you feel are needed. For example, you can change the audience who can see that you use this app as well as who can see any posts that the app makes on your behalf. Scroll down the screen further, and you may be able to turn off other settings, such as whether the app can post certain information on your behalf.
- Click Save after you’ve made your changes.
- If you wish to remove an app entirely, hover over it and click the Remove button (X). Facebook will explain what happens if you remove the app and ask for confirmation to get rid of it. Click the check mark to delete all activity for the app and then click the Remove button. Facebook then removes the app.